Thursday, August 30, 2007

Watch the United Way Funny Video NOW!

Hey y'all,

Aaron Killian at United Way worked some magic and posted "The Kick-Off" - the funny video from the campaign kickoff breakfast. (This one has an alternate ending with a couple of surprise guests, y'all!)

The video's in three parts: part one, part two, and the bloopers. I hope y'all enjoy it!



Part One


Part Two


The Bloopers


Y'all can even download the videos to your iPod or Sony PSP if ya' got 'em. (Sorry, Bryan Daniels!)

Just follow the links below, and on the right side of the screen, just click "Download":

The Kick-Off: Part One
The Kick-Off: Part Two
The Kick-Off: Bloopers

Go there and click that and save it wherever you save videos for your Video iPod, and you'll be good to go.

If you have problems downloading the file, call Aaron at United Way because this computer stuff is beyond me. Their number is 982-2251, or you can email him at .

I gotta' say I was really impressed with the funny video this year. With the help of United Way's Aaron Killian and Mike Wiseman of Charter, they put together an incredible, hilarious video, and I've had tons of people come up and tell me they loved it. I hope y'all love it, too.

It was amazing to come out together at the breakfast with that cabinet after the funny video. That whole team is wonderful: Denny and Cindy Mayes, John Hinkle, Fred and Carolyn Forster, Kevin Clayton, Boyce Smith, David Conner, Bryan Daniels, Andy White, Brenda Pilson, Joe Dawson, Joe Huff, Melissa Copelan, Brickey Beasley, Cathy Cate, Mike Lewis, Julie Talbott, Lea Anne Law, Tom Hatcher. They're all great, and even though some folks couldn't be there at the kick-off, like John Hinkle, Joe Huff, and Fred and Carolyn Forster, they were all there in spirit (and on the video).

Well, it's time to go to work on this campaign now. It's awesome. We've raised $564,465, which means we're a quarter of the way there. And I'd like to be all the way there in four weeks. Then we can work on goin' over.

Blog y'all later,
Dave Bennett

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, did I see you on Channel 10's news last night? I think you were painting the Blount County Rescue Squad.

Anonymous said...

Yes I was there. The Day of Caring was yesterday so after the breakfast, I changed clothes and went and worked at the Rescue Squad for about 3 hours. Was hard work but a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Dang, Dave, you do it all. Campaign chair, painting at the rescue squad, football coach. Is there anything you can't do?

Anonymous said...

What a great campaign kick-off breakfast. Kudos to Dave Bennett, Joy Bishop and the entire campaign cabinet, board of directors and staff. I really enjoyed the special entertainment and the videos.

Mike I. said...

Hey Dave! I just watched the funny video and it was HILARIOUS! Congratulations to everyone involved. It looks like the cabinet is having fun as always, and I KNOW that you'll have a successful campaign.
If you need any help getting United Community Bank involved in the campaign, just give me a holler.

GOOD LUCK!
Mike Infante
michael_infante@ucbi.com