Thursday, August 9, 2007

Funny Video Shooting: Part One

Hey everybody,

Shooting on the not-so-serious video wrapped up yesterday, and I'll make this blog kinda' a two-parter so that I can cover it all.

Mike Wiseman from Charter Media shoots
a scene with me and Julie Talbott.

Last week, we shot a couple of scenes in my office and other scenes at an undisclosed location. (I ain't about to give away any details on this thing. Y'all will have to wait for kick-off if you want to know.) But last week we had two good days of shootin', and we did two more days this week. Luckily, nobody had to go to the hospital with any injuries – other than maybe mental injuries.

I'm really appreciative to Rural Metro. They brought a couple of ambulances out for the shoot last week. And they were gracious enough to be a part of the video, which shows their sense of community. I want to thank Ron and Misty Parker and the EMT's (Charity Gentry, Cindy Murphy, Travis Brown, and Scott Potter) who came. It was a nice touch, and it added a lot to the video.

Shooting was a lot of fun, and that funny video introduces the campaign cabinet on kick-off. And I've put together a group of people I'm friends with and people I enjoy being with, but they're hard workers in the community, too. But we had a little fun letting off a little steam. Joe Dawson and Andy White came out last week to shoot, and they had a blast.

I will say this: I believe it is the funniest video United Way's ever done – even funnier than Joe Ingram's U-Man, Gaynelle Lawson's Harley-ridin' boxer Rocky chick, Jim Worienicki's Nascar racin', Larry Aldridge's Lariat Larry, Mike Lewis' Mission Possible, and Greg McClain's Blues Brothers.

But man, we had a lot of fun shootin' this thing! I can't wait for y'all to see it.

Blog you soon,
Dave Bennett

No comments: