Monday, July 16, 2007

Bring It On: The United Way Golf Tournament

Hey everybody,

I’m famous! Mike Lewis and I did a commercial for the golf tournament a few weeks ago, and Charter’s starting to air it.



I tell ya’ it was nice to actually film something where they didn’t turn the light on the camera and stick the microphone in my face and say, “What’s your comment, Mr. Bennett?”

But the shoot was a lot of fun. Mike obviously has a lot of fun with that camera stuff. I learned a lot from him – he’s a pro. But we had a good time making the commercial.

That golf committee, chaired by Mike Lewis, has worked so hard, and we appreciate all that they’ve done. They’re doing a tremendous job. It’ll get this campaign started off the right way. That’s the first big thing we do in the campaign, and it helps raise so much money. It’s gonna’ be a great day on August 6th, and we can go out there and tee it up for United Way.

Of course, we need all the volunteers to work the tournament we can get. If you want to get involved, just get in touch with them at 982-2251 or click here to send them an email.

I need to go out there and see if I’m able to swing. I haven’t been able to get out on the golf course since my heart surgery. But if I’m able to play, let me say for the record: my team will win! We have experience with different types of tournaments, and we typically win. Even if we have to bend the rules, my team will be victorious. And if you doubt that, all I’ve got to say to the other golfers in Blount County is BRING IT ON!

Blog ya' soon,
Dave Bennett

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! We have a couple of movie stars in our midst!! Great commercial!! Virginia

Anonymous said...

Can I have your autograph?