Tuesday, November 13, 2007

11th Hour

Y'all know how I said it was crunch time a couple of weeks ago? I lied.

Now it's really crunch time.

We're going to make goal, and several of us are here at United Way reminding folks to get their pledges in.

And it's crazy right now wrapping this campaign up.

We have about a dozen of us volunteering right now to make sure
everyone who wants to contribute to United Way gets their pledges in.

But here we are at the end of this campaign, working to make a difference for Blount County.

So, how am I feeling right now?

I'm nervous. I'm excited. And I'm anxious.

I'm nervous. I'm excited. And I'm anxious.

But it's going to be wonderful come Friday when we hold our victory. We're down around $90,000 to go. Hopefully, by the end of the day we'll have around $70,000 to go for the campaign.

It's been one heck of a ride, especially these last two weeks. I never thought a volunteer job could be so stressful and rewarding all at the same time. And ya' know how I said I was sleepin' a couple of hours a night? That's gone. I'm gonna' sleep like a baby come Friday.

To anybody that's not turned in their pledge, now is the time to get it in, create lasting change and do what matters, and thank you to those who have pledged and made this a successful campaign. We couldn't do it without you.

Blog ya' later,
Dave Bennett

No comments: